About this project
Town Hall Presentations
The DCM team met with building representatives in March 2021. View the presentation
Young Hall has been identified as a high priority, level VI rated, building for seismic renovations.
The following scope will improve seismic safety while minimizing the impact to the interior of the building.
- Improve building strength in north-south direction with Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) strips
- Improved building strength in west direction with west side stairwell shear wall
- Strengthening of south side ground level exterior columns
Fire, Accessibility & Other Code Improvements
The following scope will bring the building into compliance with the National Fire Protection Association standards (NFPA), the California Building Code (CBC) and Americans with Disabilities Act Standards (ADA).
- Provide new automatic fire sprinkler and upgrade existing partial sprinkler system in the basement
- Provide fire alarm system
- Upgrade accessible parking stall
- Update various entry doors
- Update interior illuminated exit signage and room signage
- Remodel existing restrooms (men’s and women’s)
- Remove and replace interior stair guardrail and handrail
- Remove and replace exterior stairs and ramps
- Install exterior lighting
Critical Deferred Maintenance
The following scope will repair or replace building systems that have reached the end of their useful lives and help bring them into compliance with code.
- Update elevator and HVAC