About this project
Town Hall Presentations
The DCM team met with building representatives in April 2021. View the presentation
Social Sciences and Humanities Building has been identified as a high priority, level VI rated, building for seismic renovations.
The following scope will improve seismic safety while minimizing the impact to the interior of the building.
- Strengthen building connections at existing steel frames
- Strengthen the connection between steel and concrete building structures
- Improve lateral building stability with concrete shear walls
Fire, Accessibility & Other Code Improvements
The following scope will bring the building into compliance with the National Fire Protection Association standards (NFPA), the California Building Code (CBC) and Americans with Disabilities Act Standards (ADA).
- Provide fire alarm system
- Update various entry doors
- Update interior illuminated exit signage and room signage
- Remodel existing restrooms (men’s and women’s)
- Remove and replace interior and exterior stair guardrail and handrail
- Update drinking fountain
- Install exterior lighting
Critical Deferred Maintenance
The following scope will repair or replace building systems that have reached the end of their useful lives and help bring them into compliance with code.
- Update elevator
- Repair leaks