About this Project
Town Hall Presentations
The DCM team met with building representatives in February 2021. View the presentation
Jungerman Hall has been identified as a high priority, level VI rated, building for seismic improvements.
The following scope will improve seismic safety while minimizing the impact to the interior of the building.
- Improve building strength in north-south direction with new buttress wall
- Improve building strength in east-west direction by filling in select clerestory windows
Fire, Accessibility & Other Code Improvements
The following scope will bring the building into compliance with the National Fire Protection Association standards (NFPA), the California Building Code (CBC) and Americans with Disabilities Act Standards (ADA).
- Provide new automatic fire sprinkler and upgrade existing partial sprinkler system in the basement
- Upgrade the existing fire alarm system
- Install an accessible parking stall
- Update primary entrance door
- Install new concrete sidewalk and curb
- Update interior illuminated exit signage and room signage
- Remodel existing restrooms (men’s and women’s)
- Update drinking fountain
- Remove and replace interior stair guardrail and handrail
- Install exterior stair and elevator