About this Project
Originally built in 1909 as a dairy barn, the Silo was one of the first buildings erected on campus. In 1965, it was converted to a snack bar and recreation center. Today, the Silo primarily functions as home to an informal lounge, study and dining spaces as well as multiple eateries including Spokes Grill, Crêpe Bistro, The Gunrock and Peet’s Coffee.
While the main focus of this project provides improvements needed for the Silo to comply with UC Seismic Safety policy, the work also includes adding a new roof, correcting multiple structural deficiencies, improving ADA accessibility features and completing a variety of other minor renovations.