About this Project
Town Hall Presentations
The DCM team met with building representatives in February 2021. View the presentation
Mann Lab has been identified as a high priority, level VI rated, building for seismic improvements.
The following scope will improve seismic safety while minimizing the impact to the interior of the building.
- Improve building strength with added roof to wall and beam to beam connectors
Fire, Accessibility & Other Code Improvements
The following scope will bring the building into compliance with the National Fire Protection Association standards (NFPA), the California Building Code (CBC) and Americans with Disabilities Act Standards (ADA).
- Provide new automatic fire sprinkler
- Provide new fire service main to mechanical room
- Upgrade the existing fire alarm system
- Update primary entrance door
- Install new concrete sidewalk and curb
- Update interior illuminated exit signage and room signage
- Remodel existing restrooms (men’s and women’s)
- Update drinking fountain
- Remove and replace emergency shower and eye/face wash station
Critical Deferred Maintenance
The following scope will repair or replace building systems that have reached the end of their useful lives and help bring them into compliance with code.
- Update electrical panels