Real Estate Services provides expertise in the strategic planning and implementation of a full complement of real estate services in support of the University's mission of learning, discovery and engagement.
- Leasing: Transactions & Portfolio Management
- The Real Estate Services leasing team is responsible for transactions that involve use of University and Non-University property by either internal departments or external entities. Working closely with Capital Planning and Space Management & Project Development, Real Estate Services also assists departments with moving into new spaces.
Real Estate Services provides strategic assistance to UC Davis and UC Davis Health with emphasis on creating efficiencies and cost savings across the real estate portfolio with a centralized, streamlined real estate planning and implementation process.
UCOP Leasing Transaction Policy
- Public Private Partnership (P3)
- Public-Private Partnerships (P3) are agreements between private entities and UC Davis that enable both the development and ongoing operations of privately owned assets such as student housing and hotels on campus property through a ground lease.
UC Davis has a long and successful track record delivering student housing projects through public-private partnerships. Existing P3 projects on campus serve both undergraduates (primarily upperclassmen) and graduates as well as first-year transfers and students with families. It is envisioned that P3’s will remain an important strategy in UC Davis’ goal of creating future housing opportunities on campus.
Real Estate Services (RES) is responsible for coordinating with our private developer partners on the development of all new P3 projects. Once projects are completed, ongoing P3 relationships are managed by either RES or the campus’ Student Housing & Dining Services (SHDS).
For more information about specific P3 projects, please click here.
- Faculty/Staff Housing & Mortgage Origination Program (MOP)
- In addition to managing the faculty/staff homes at Aggie Village, Real Estate Services also oversees the campus Mortgage Origination Program (MOP) that provides competitive first mortgages for eligible Davis faculty and senior management.
For more information on the Mortgage Origination Program (MOP), please click here.
For more information on Aggie Village, please contact us here.